About Tikva Butler, MSN, RNC, APN, ND
I have been providing patients a combination of traditional western medicine and homeopathic holistic care for the last 20 years. As an OB-GYN nurse practitioner and a naturopathic physician, I’m able to offer patients comprehensive healthcare with a unique dual focus.
Naturopathic medicine is a medical art originated in Germany using natural agents to stimulate the body’s own natural healing power. Naturopathic medicine is the application of the principles of naturopathy within the context of modern scientific knowledge.
My background in conventional medicine affords me the knowledge of diagnosis and I then choose the most appropriate treatment for the individual person.
When a woman desires bioidentical hormones, I combine all three estrogens with progesterone and testosterone to achieve an optimal balance.
Since every woman is unique and her experience of menopause is different there is a particular combination that is right for her. Most women will experience no weight gain in using bioidentical hormones and no breast tenderness if the right dosage is prescribed.
General Benefits of Bioidentical Hormones
- Restores optimal hormonal balance to the body
- May help regain vitality
- More effective for some than synthetic hormone replacement therapy
- Used optimally and safely
- Absorbed through the skin slowly
- Fewer interactive problems when taking other medications
- Restorative towards sleep
- Less dangerous than synthetic hormone replacement therapy which are known to cause cancers
- Custom Compounded: Option to have your hormones individually matched and tailored to your blood chemistry and hormones levels
- The body is able to recognize bioidentical hormones as their own and use them as naturally intended
- Slows down the aging process!
Your treatment may include conventional medicine, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, and herbs for your best outcome.